The 2014 Spring Campout for the Fox Nation is being held at Camp Minikani in Hubertus, WI. In addition to many things we have become used to at Camp Anokijig, Camp Minikani offers:
- A tall rock climbing wall
- A pool for swimming
- A challenging high ropes course (5th grade and up)
- Adventurous orienteering / GPS course
- A dad-against-dad competitive row-boat race
- Enthusiastic kid-rated great food.
- Sturdy, wide, beds, smaller cabins -or- availability of dedicated tent spots throughout the woods and prairie.
- Interesting new games specific to Camp Minikani
- Many favorites including the critter race, and “kick the can”!
- Brian Bearshadow and Clara will tell us Indian stories and do Indian themed crafts with us.
Come and join us in discovering what other Indian Guides and Indian Princesses groups have been raving about.
May 30th – June 1st, mark your calendars now!
You will be able to find your registration form here shortly. Check back soon.
Feast of the Nmebine Giizis in the Month of the Sucker Moon
Join all of your fellow Indian Guides and Indian Princesses at the 2014 Fox Nation Feast. The feast is where we celebrate the previous year’s season and look forward to the upcoming season. Trophies & ribbons will be handed out for awards earned in the 2013-2014 season. The new Chief’s and Officers for the 2014-2015 season will be introduced.
We will have pizza, drinks, cake, cookies. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase & every child will go home with a prize. The feast is $5 per person, collected at the Feast. You can also buy Indian Guides and Indian Princesses vest and t-shirts at the event.
Hope to see everyone there!
Join your LF/LB families in a fantastic Fox Nation All-Family Event planned for this coming Sunday, March 16th at 3:00pm.
Please send an email request to Jeff Savage at email@example.com for your ticket order before Thursday, March 13th.
- All-Nation family event!
- Come enjoy your hometown Chicago Wolves at the Allstate Arena!
- Chicago Wolves vs Texas Stars – 3:00pm on Sunday, March 16th
- Tickets are $16.50 each.
- Tickets will be dropped off at your home starting on Thursday, March 13th.
- Parking at the Allstate Arena is $13 per car.
- Parking & Directions
- Chicago Wolves Website
- RSVP on Anyvite
- For questions or requests for additional tickets, please contact Jeff Savage via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 773-793-0510
Hope to see everyone there! Ah-ho!
The annual Indian Guide and Indian Princess Fox Nation Pinewood Derby event is Sunday, March 9th! It’s time to start designing your cars!
Who is going to build the baddest, fastest car in our nation? Who will come up with the most creative design? And, who is going to represent the nation’s heritage with a car designed in honor of the native Indians?
Sunday, March 9th, boys and girls from the Fox Nation will come out for an afternoon of harrowing, nail-biting racing among dozens of one-of-a-kind pinewood derby cars.
What do you need to participate you ask? A car that adheres to the pinewood derby design rules and your son’s or daughter’s participation.
The are two locations to pick up your pinewood derby kit ($5 per car kit):
Colin McBean’s house and Corbett Lamb’s Office. Talk to your tribe chief for details.
Find the official rules for your car and the race.
Join us at the Fox Nation Indoor Ice Skating event this coming Saturday, Feb 22nd hosted by the Ojibwa Indian Princess tribe.
The event starts at 11:30am with pizza and games (includes 20 game tokens). Staking starts at 12:30pm and goes to 2pm. Skate rental is free, and admission is $6.00 per person.
This is a super fun event even if you are not the strongest skater. Come anyway!
Rink Side Sports – Gurnee Mills
6152 Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL
NOTE!!! – If you haven’t registered and think you missed your opportunity, that’s not the case! Show up to the winter camp this weekend and you can register and pay on site at Camp Anokijig!
The 2014 Indian Guides Winter Camp Out is quickly approaching. Do any of these activities sound fun to you?
- Tubing down the Xmas light-lit swath through the Anokijig woods with your friends!
- Skate, play hockey or broom ball on frozen Elkhart lake!
- Snowshoe to victory hill and the serenity beyond.
- Listen to Brian Bearshadow’s Ojibwe stories, and mull over the meanings while you go to sleep in your cozy sleeping bag in the cabin at night.
- Make unique crafts with Brian Bearshadow and Clara, and an necklace with flint knapper Dick Grybush.
- Learn all about flint knapping in case you ever need to make a spear head in the wild.
- Learn how to aim and throw an atlatl spear, maybe even in a friendly competition.
Ice fish with your dad.
- Holler, sweep and throw at Camp Anokijig’s premier Milk jug curling rink on the frozen lake.
- Actually WALK over water to Inspiration Island.
- Take sleigh rides through the snowy hills and dales with your Tribe.
- Show off your jump board and sliding skills to your pals at the waterpark
- Exploring Camp Anokijig with your best friend.
- Hang around the fire and share stories with Lake Forest/Lake Bluff’s best men and kids
- Hunt for the Red Vests, Chiefs and the Quack in the woods.
If so, get your registration form in as soon as possible and join us at Camp Anokijig.
There is a benefit to you to register early (best cabins go first, you save some dough, and the Camp can prepare properly), and it helps us a lot if you can commit by Sunday January 26th, and have your payment in by Monday January 27th.
Often, new Dads wonder if their Indian Princess or Guide is too young for Winter campout. I can tell you that I have seen many dads with preschoolers tooling around in the snow at Camp Anokijig (and plenty in pink outfits). Our Great Chief Crazy Frog’s son, Jumping Salmon, started when he was 4. At this age they would require some extra supervision, but it’s an incredible bonding opportunity. As long as you heed REI’s motto of “there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate equipment” you will be fine. The registration form is in the Documents section of this site. Fill it out, include payment, and return to Terry Mueller as soon as you can!
Bowling at Brunswick is family fun at its best. It’s a great way to spend some quality time that everyone will enjoy. Bowling, billiards, video games, food, beverages – there’s something fun for everyone.
All of the mighty Fox Nation Indian Guides and Indian Princesses are invited, so come and get into the good times at Brunswick Zone in Vernon Hills!
Click for a map to Brunswick Zone in Vernon Hills
Click for Brunswick Zone’s web site
Attention Fox Nation Indian Guides and Princesses
Calling all sopranos, tenors, baritones or any singing voice who enjoys yuletide carols!
Please join us on Sunday, December 15th, at 1:15 p.m. to sing holiday carols to the residents of Clairidge Healthcare Center in Lake Bluff. This is an entire family event, so bring moms too! This has been a longtime tradition of Fox Nation and is a delightful event for the residents. Song sheets will be provided, so don’t worry if you do not know the words to Jingle Bells or Deck the Halls!
After caroling let’s go to Culver’s for some lunch!
Clairidge Healthcare Center
700 Jenkisson Avenue
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
803 E Park Ave
Libertyville, IL 60048
Click here for a map
Clairidge Healthcare Center Website
Lake County Cares – a part of the Northern Illinois Food Bank – is helping feed our neighbors affected by recent Tornadoes in Washington, Peoria and surrounding areas. The Fox Nation Indian Guides and Indian Princesses will be doing what they can to help by donating non-perishable food items (including canned meat) and money to the Northern Illinois Food Bank. You can donate money by following this link to the Northern Illinois Food Bank website.
Meet Hungry Kate
Donations of non-perishable foods will be collected from all of our Indian Princesses and Indian Guides at the Starbucks across from Fort Sheridan in Highwood (click for map), the Starbucks in downtown Lake Forest (click for map) and the Starbucks on 43 across from Sunset Foods (click for map) on Saturday, November 23rd from 9am to 2pm. Please help us reach our goal of feeding 500 families this holiday season!
If you are in need of food assistance please CLICK HERE to find a food pantry or soup kitchen near you.